We had a great afternoon learning about Kuching and Malaysia in general. The bike tour was a nice length and moved a comfortable pace.
Discover Hidden Temples & Monuments
Ride on a Traditional Sampan Boat
Sample Local Street Food
Explore Kuching’s heritage by both bicycle and boat on a Sarawak River cruise during this unique Kuching day tour. Immerse yourself in Sarawak culture by learning about its people as you cycle along designated paths both through Kuching and rural ‘kampongs’ (villages). Cruise across the river on a traditional ‘sampan’ boat and finish your tour by sampling traditional Sarawak street food.
Discover temples and monuments in Kuching’s heritage zone.
Explore rural kampongs and cycle along country paths.
Learn about the heritage of Sarawak and its people.
Cruise across the Sarawak River on a traditional sampan boat.
Sample authentic Sarawak street food and drinks.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (12 +): MYR 140.00
- Child (aged 7-11): MYR 67.00
- Young Child (aged 0- 6): MYR 34.00
Paradesa Borneo office
Year-round: Monday to Sunday
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet
- Boat fees
- Food samples and a refreshment
- Rain ponchos are provided in the event of rain
- A great time!
Transportation from the hotel to the starting point
What to Bring
- Extra cash for additional street food and drinks, local souvenirs, and personal shopping
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, a towel, antiseptic, a change of clothes, and a plastic bag to keep electronics dry
- Wear light, comfortable shoes and clothes
About Your Guide
- Our passionate, local English-speaking tour leaders take great pride in their heritage (as well as their own personal stories) and are experts on Borneo’s history, culture, and natural wonders
- One guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests
What You'll Do
Dive into Sarawak culture as you witness the early morning rush to work, breakfast, or prayer. Discover our temples and monuments hidden down the historic lanes inside the heritage zone before we guide you through off-the-beaten-track country paths in the rural kampongs and open our senses to the characteristic smell of fish that lingers in the air. You will experience first hand how people of different religions and races in Sarawak have lived in harmony, side by side for generations!
A relaxing cruise across the impressive Sarawak River on a traditional sampan boat will give you a taste of how Kuchingnite commute every day across the two halves of the city.
On top of it all, you will indulge in a wide variety of popular authentic Sarawak local street food, drinks, and desserts! We’ll try to limit the food so that you will be able to ride back!
Experience an authentic Sarawak by bicycle, you will go home with both your mind and soul enriched, and your stomach fulfilled!
Good to Know
- Reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment
- No helmet, no ride
- Rain or shine we always ride
- We include a pre-tour safety briefing and mandatory equipment checks
- A selection of good quality kids’ bikes of various sizes, baby seats (rear-mounted for above 9 months old), and child bike trailers are available
See What Our Guests Are Saying
We had a very informative and valuable experience of Kuching’s history, culture, and food through this very enjoyable cycling trip.
Ride was very easy. I felt very safe. I was fortunate to be the only person on the tour so I had exclusive attention from my guide. I definitely saw areas of Kuching that I would not have seen on foot.